Residential Burning

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Residential Burning


* Residential burning in Amador County is regulated by the Amador Air District and the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CDF). 

* Burn permits, when required, may be obtained from CDF and/or the Amador Air District. Amador Fire Protection District does not issue burn permits. 

* NEVER leave burn piles unattended. 

* Maintain a 10’ clearance around burn piles.

* Keep a water supply and shovel at burning site.

* For burn day status, call (209) 223-6246 immediately prior to lighting fires.

Beginning January 1, 2004, no household waste (trash or garbage) can be burned outdoors at residences. The use of burn barrels is no longer allowed. For more information about acceptable methods and materials to be burned, contact the Amador Air District at (209) 257-0112 or visit the Amador Air District website.