County News

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

News on TSPN, Amador County's local television station.

News on KVGC, the Hometown Radio station for Amador and Calaveras County.


Dealing with Tree Mortality along County Roads

Are there still standing dead trees on your property that may affect a County road?

Post Date:06/15/2017 1:44 PM


Removal of dead trees along County roads by the County requires landowner approval for right of entry

Amador County has received a state grant to remove hazard trees that could fall on County roads.  Before the County can do the work on your property, however, the landowner must return a Right of Entry form to the County granting permission for the work to be doneThere is no cost to the landowner for this work.  

·        If you receive a letter from the County Tree Mortality Coordinator requesting you to return a Right of Entry Form, it is important that you return the form within 10 days.  Without your returned permission, your hazard trees threatening the county road may not be removed under this project.

·        You may have the trees felled and removed or felled and left on your property.

·        Limbs and slash may be lopped and scattered, or piled and burned at the appropriate time.  Chipping the slash may be an option for you to specify.

·        None of this work can be done without your returned Right of Entry form.  See the County’s webpage at for more information. Return completed forms to Amador County, Clerk of the Board, 810 Court Street, Jackson, CA 95642 or use the feature allowing you to e-mail the form to the County and its Tree Mortality Coordinator. Please contact Dr. Richard Harris at (707) 685-5508 with any questions.

Return to full list >>